Director of Engineering (Remote)
InVision is the world’s leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That’s why designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world's most loved designers, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Zappos, Evernote, AirBnB, and Yammer.
Built to foster collaboration and iteration, InVision helps our clients design, review and user-test a product before writing a single line of code, with tools for design prototyping, feedback, task management and version control.
We’re well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including FirstMark Capital and Tiger Global Management.
We're looking for a Director of Engineering who can drive our engineering team and scale in step with our fast-growing user-base while responding efficiently and effectively to their needs.
Your responsibilities will include...
Managing the Engineering Team (70%)
- Owning and optimizing our development process
- Running weekly sprint planning and daily stand-up meetings
- Prioritizing development projects with an eye towards business objectives
- Tracking developer progress and teaming with developers to unblock bottlenecks
- Code reviews
Managing Quality Assurance (10%)
- Implementing more rigorous Q/A processes
- Making sure that code is thoroughly tested before stakeholder review and launch
Helping Out With Human Resources (10%)
- Finding engineering talent
- Interviewing applicants
- Helping new developers get setup for remote work
Technical Operations (10%)
- Keeping our servers running well
- Helping scale servers in response to growth
- Liaising with our hosting provider and outside consultants
If you'd take pride in creating a well-oiled machine that fuels the creative process of some of the world's most trusted brands, let us know.
- Experience leading development teams of 5 to 10 developers
- Experience with Scrum or similar agile development methodologies
- Strong business judgment and the ability to understand our product objectives quickly and deeply
- Obsessively thorough eye for detail
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health coverage
- Macbook Air
- Membership at health club of your choice
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited Starbucks card
- Half-day Fridays!